Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Monday, August 30, 2010

5-5-09 "i always feel like somebody's watchin' me"

I have a question for you: How do you act when you are alone with your friends? What do you talk about? Stop reading and consider for a moment.

     Did you think about it? Good.  Did it give you happy memories, or make you squirm in your seat? What would your mother say if she knew what you talked about and did?  If a stranger could hear your conversations, what would he think of you?

      About four years ago, my dad, who was a full-time professional surveyor at that point, was on a job near a McDonalds. He had finished loading his satelite gear and the rest of the equipment into his truck and was driving towards the McDonalds when he noticed that a voice was coming in on his radio. It  was the girl taking orders at the McDonalds drive-through. He could hear what she was saying. She was taking orders, then talking through her headset to another McDonald's employee when the McDonald's patrons drove away. . She was making fun of the customers and using dirty language. The two of them thought she was very funny. Meanwhile, my dad had ordered at was coming to the window to recieve his food. Just before he got there, he heard the girl cracked an extremely crude joke over her headset. She slid open the window and gave him his food. He took it and said, "Thanks. By the way, that wasn't very nice and you have a potty mouth." Then he drove away. Through the radio he could hear her exclaim to her friend, "Oh my gosh! He knew what I said! How did he hear me? I didn't say anything about the boss, did I? Oh, my gosh!"

Always be careful what you say. you never know who could be listening! And even if you think you are totally alone, God is there.  And don't put it past Him to give you a wakeup call- He might even use a surveyor in a pickup truck to get his point across!

No comments:

Post a Comment