Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Saturday, August 28, 2010

2-4-09 "take a leap of faith"

     You know how they say a large percentage of all accidents occur in the home? I wonder how many of those involve cheese graters....

        Once I asked myself: what am I afraid of? It took some thought, but I finally narrowed it down to one, huge, genuine fear. I am afraid of failure. I am terrified of doing something wrong and shaming myself. I'm scared of doing something risky because I might fall flat on my face. But I never let that stop me anymore. For God knows the palns he has for me. Plans to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me a hope and a future. All things work out for the good of those who love Him and are called according to his purpose. If God wants to use me, He'll use me to do exactly want He wants. there's no such thing as failure when its in God's will. I can do ALL THINGS through Him who gives me strength! The founding fathers were not afraid of failure. They followed a hairbrained scheme to overthrow the most powerful nation of earth and start a totally new kind of government. Einstein was not afraid of failure. The man built an atomic bomb! Ford was not afraid of failure. When JP Morgan's bank refused to give him money, he figured out a way to invent his affordable automobile anyway. Where would we be if any of these men were afraid to try their ideas? If they were afraid of failure? So what do I do? I hold my nose and plunge right in. its not that I never fail. But when I hit a dead end, I turn around and start from the very beginning until I find the path. People say that when God shuts a door, he opens a window. I dissagree. When God shuts a door, he knocks down a wall. Prayer is a valuable tool. I prayed that God would show me what he wants for my life and help me to face my fears. So here I am; a teen with a business, dream and a purpose.   Am I still afraid of failure? Yes. But I don't let it hold me back. I faced my fear. And it was the best decision I ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment