Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Saturday, August 28, 2010

12-31-08 "I recently finished a crochet project... and did some interesting research"

I just finished a crochted doily. I love working with a miniscule hook and white thread to create delicate masterpeices. I made this one by copying a crocheted doily that my great-grandma made a long time ago. I found her doily in my hope chest among other hand-made heirlooms while I was replacing the snowflake ornament that I had also copied. Here's a photo of the finished product:



Here's a photo of my doily beside my great-grandma's (it's four of the same motif joined together) :



Today I did some research to see what the founding fathers said about God. I knew that they made references to Him, but the results were astounding! Here's some of the quotes I found:

"Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself guilty of treason towards my country and an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings." All too often we keep back our opinions because we are afraid we will offend someone. It hit me that instead, we ought to be bold! It occured to me that people who are afraid to take risks, who are afraid to take the chance that they might fail miserably, are the ones who never succeed. Think about it.

Another good one is from Benjamin Franklin: "I have lived, Sir, for a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing the proofs I see of this truth- that God governs the affairs of men...I also belive that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel..."



No comments:

Post a Comment