Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Saturday, August 28, 2010

1-25-09 "it is possible to find joy in a pink sponge and scrubbing bubbles"

     Today, I glorified God by cleaning the bathroom.  I have reformed my attitude towards bathroom cleaning. I no longer look at it as a boring and gross way to waste forty-five minutes of my life. I CAN glorify God through cleaning the bathroom! First of all, it is a blessing to my mother, who has enough house to clean, a blessing to my family, who would like to have a clean and tidy restroom, and a blessing to myself. I can draw from Col. 3:17, "Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."  What about cleaning bathrooms can I give thanks for? I'm not talking about pretending to be happy (Oh, yay! Thank you, Lord, that I get to scrub scum off the tub and wipe down the potty!); but truly finding joy in the one of the most monotonous tasks. I can find several things to be thankful about. 1) I am thankful to my mom who is having me learn to keep house now so that I won't have to struggle when I get a home of my own. 2) I am thankful I actually have a bathroom to clean. I have seen what people form third-world countries use- outhouses from cardboard boxes and rain barrels instead of running water. 3) I am thankful that this will be one more thing I can do for my future husband, because I don't know any man who would want to clean the bathroom himself.      This positive outlook can be applied to nearly everything.  You can find joy in the most simple, everyday tasks of life if you look hard enough. Even in cleaning the bathroom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment