Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1-6-10 "Twilight"

 

 


Guest post by Kaylee


I don't know about any of you, but I'm getting a little tired of seeing "Twilight" all over everything, and everywhere. At this age, many of you have probably read or seen Twilight. If not, good for you. I highly reccomend that you don't. Even though I haven't ever read or seen Twilight, I know enough about it to know that it's something that I don't want to spend my time watching/reading. In Phillipians 4:8, it says:

"Finally brothers whatever is true, whatever is right, whatever is noble, whatever is admirable, -if anything is excellent or praisworthy- think about such things."

     Let's put Twilight through the criteria for a moment. Is Twilight true? NO! There are no such things as vampires.... certainly not 17 year old girls who fall in love with them!  is Twlight right??? NO!!!!! 17 year old girls should not be having romances at such a young age, not to mention... It's definitely not right for young girls to fall in love with mythical creatures. Is Twilight noble? No. there is nothing noble about not getting along with your parents and running off with a vampire. Is Twilight admirable? NO! What is admirable about Twilight? You can't admire a 17 year old girl for running off with a vampire. You can't admire a vampire for running off with her. Is Twilight excellent? Definitely not. It may be well written, and the actors may be talented... but that doesn't matter. Finally; is Twilight praiseworthy? Once again, what can be praised about this movie? There is nothing God-honoring about it. If you still don't agree with me, read about Twlight yourself in the Christian movie review website below; with Phillipians 4:8 in mind. You will find that what I write is true.   Keep in mind this website talks quite openly about Twilight. I suggest nobody but teens (and adults)  read it. Some of the content is rather PG or above.

http://www.pluggedin.com/videos/2008/Q4/Twilight.aspx

I don't mean to offend you Twilight fans, but this is a Biblical perspective. Sure, Twilight is full of action and intrigue, but so are other books/movies. Many of these are God-honoring. Why spend your time reading/watching the latest  new book/movie when there is so much better stuff out there? Please comment and tell me what you think.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment