Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Friday, September 3, 2010

6-27-10 "Books: Best of the Best"

There are a few books that I really think everyone ought to read. Actually, I have a list as long as my arm (literally) of books that I highly recommend. I plan to publish that on http://www.becominggodlymaidens.com/ sometime in the near future. For now, though, here’s a short list of nonfiction books that, in my opinion, make life complete. Please comment and give me titles of books that you recommend! I’d appreciate it. Even if you do not belong to HSB, you can still comment without giving your name or email address.

& Do Hard Things- the book to transform the life of anybody between the ages of twelve and twenty-five and the mindset of all other parties. Stop what you are doing and read this book!

& Rachel’s Tears- this book takes you through the spiritual journey of Rachel Scot, one of the Columbine High School tragedy victims. This was an extremely inspirational book for me. You may find yourself wanting to journal through your Christian walk, too!

& Lies My Teacher Told Me- want to know what you history books got wrong? Curious as to what REALLY happened? Great book – I’ll give it an A for content! Unfortunately, it gets a D for worldview… the author is not interested in following God.

& More than a Carpenter- A great apologetics book. Who was Jesus, and what did he do?

& Kingdom of the Cults- Important for Christians to read. This book lists every cult of the Christian faith, why it is a cult, and what they believe. An important book to at least skim through. Christians need to be informed so they do not get confused.

& What He Must Be (if he wants to marry my daughter)- Homeschool dad, speaker and pastor Voddie Baucham wrote this. I cannot emphasize enough how IMPORTANT this book is to anyone- fathers, daughters, young men, and all other people. This is an non-apologetic guide to doing engagement and marriage God’s way. But don’t wait to read it… if you are in high school or above, this book is for you.

& I Kissed Dating Goodbye and Boy Meets Girl- Why wait to date? After reading this book, you may not want to date at all! This is the classic book that tells how to please God with romantic relationships in this modern-day world.

& For Young Women only and For Women Only- great way to find out how to relate to guys better. May revolutionize your current or future marriage! Written from a Christian perspective but please note- the first listed recognizes dating vs. courtship as the normal course of things. But don’t let that stop you from reading it. The latter listed is written for married women.

& For Men Only- same as above, only written for guys to understand the female set. I have not personally read it, but as it is the same as the one for women, I would recommend it. I’m not sure if there is one for teens guys out currently and this is written for adults, but I assume it is still very good.

& Good biographies written before 1920, such as The Life of Patrick Henry by William Wirt

& Bible studies and devotional books. I already put some of my favorite feminine Bible study titles online at http://www.becominggodlymaidens.com/homeschool.html/ You guys will have to figure out your own for this one… guy studies are not exactly my area of expertise.

That’s just a few of the cream of the crop!

No comments:

Post a Comment