Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Friday, September 3, 2010

5-20-10 "An Accidental Chemistry 'Experiment'... and How to Make Play Dough"

Today I learned something new. It is possible for water to explode! Apparently, it is a very bad idea to try to boil water in the microwave. I’m sure there is some chemistry formula that explains why this can happen, and if you happen to be the kind of person who knows that sort of thing, please enlighten the rest of us in a “comment.”
What was I making that caused me to boil water, you ask? Play Dough, actually (yes, I usually cook real food and no, I usually don’t use the microwave to try to cut corners). Here’s the recipe:
• 4 cups flour
• 4 Tbsp oil
• 4 Tbsp alum
• 4 Tbsp salt
• 2 cups water
Boil water (on the STOVE in a POT)- add food coloring. Mix flour, alum, salt; oil, water. Do not use a mixer. You may need extra flour. Let cool before giving to kids. Provide them with plastic cookie cutters. This is a great way to keep kids happy and busy 

No comments:

Post a Comment